Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day Present

No, not the typical store bought flowers or candy. We got a small snow on Valentines Day, enough coupled with icy conditions to close the school. Our Valentines present was Shayna going outside in the bitter cold and cleaning off my car, shoveling a path from the porch to the car and to Skyler's side of the car, and taking out the trash. This is in addition to the other extremely helpful things she already does, like helping watch Skyler, make him his nuggets and/or waffle, and cleaning up his mess.

The other present from Shayna is her desire to make me happy. She said to me on at least a few occasions, that she tries to make me happy all the time and loves when she can make me laugh and be happy. She loves it also when I am silly (Skyler too) and of course reality means I am an adult and responsible parent, and owner of a company which pays our bills, so real life sometimes means I must be serious. So in light of that fact, I try my best to have fun and light up my childrens days like they do mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!