Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Blue Man Group

I got tickets today for the Blue Man Group concert coming to the wachovia center in philadelphia on April 19th, for all 4 of us. The tickets went on sale Saturday but I didn't know, so almost the entire floor seats were sold out, only the back of the floor was left. So I got the Club Box seats, which are actually closer but higher up. I also think it will be a bit more convenient- with Skyler - since there is a lounge, private bathrooms, bar, waitress service, and VIP entrance and elevator. Those seats were actually cheaper then the floor seats, which would probably have been too loud for the kids. Shayna and I saw a short BMG show many many years ago at Moby's Area 2 concert. I am really excited- they are a really fun and entertaining show with a lot of audience participation.

For those of you not personally familiar with BMG, here are some links.

1. The general BMG web site:

http://www.blueman.com/

2. Video page- click here to see an instant short video summarizig the BMG concert/show experience:
http://www.blueman.com/multimedia/video/

3. Very fun BMG art page, where you make your own online art:
http://art.blueman.com/message.php

also, a new thing (to me at least) when you are buying tickets online, not only can you see the seating chart (before completing the purchase when the best seats come up and you have to decide whether to take them), but you can use the virtual seating chart, in which you can really see the seats (not a photo but CG images) and what it looks like from that section/row. In the past, when going to concerts, I have always tried to get within the first 20 rows, have had great luck in the past, but don't think skyler is quite ready for that yet!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!