Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Monday, July 17, 2006

NYC


We went into NYC Saturday. Shayna had an audition for a short film. I always seem to have good luck and unusual things happen to me. This time it was getting to see a Broadway show for free! yes, we somehow managed to see "Rent" at the nederlander theater for free. We had stopped by to check it out since it was near the audition. We were chatting with the guy who works in the theater and next thing we know, he says "follow me" and takes us into the theater, hands us 2 playbills, and sits us down about maybe 15 rows back from the stage on the side. I really think Jonathan Larsen's spirit must have been smiling down at us. The play was extremely good, so good I had goosebumps. Afterwards, we strolled through Times Square, checked out the huge Toys R Us with ferris wheel inside, visited my Cousins Eleanor and Seymour, walked under the Helmsley Building, found the Phillipine Counsel (by accident of course), and stopped at the NY Public Library to rest. If she gets the part we will be back in early september for filming. They said we would know in a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!