Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Mommy Fix

I hug Skyler no less then 200 times a day. Not sure what people meant when they said boys are not affectionate. Skyler also has times when he will need a "mommy fix" and will run to me for a hug. then all is well with the world. Not sure what problems a 22mo can have, but I am the solution to all of them.

He also likes to put his forehead to your forehead where your noses touch, and then when you look at each other your faces are so close up it becomes distorted looking. this is something everyone has done at some time with someone, but to Skyler it is immensely funny. he will giggle, which makes you giggle, which makes him giggle harder.

Skyler also kisses my cheek and neck. Shayna used to comb and "do" my hair- that is a wonderful feeling. These are the immeasurable moments of parenthood I treasure.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger Undone Lady said…

    He sounds delicious! Boys are affectionate. I just think in generations past, boys were taught it's "girly" to be affectionate or emotional. This has created the anger men feel the need to express much too often.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!