Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Family Projects, Hopes and Dreams

here are some things we are planning and/or hoping to do as a family in the next 2-5 years:

1. Move to Florida: live near a major city (ie within 40 minutes), near beach/ocean, house must have pool.

2. Travel: hoping to do some trips to Florida, Carribean (maybe Beaches turks & caicos; also st. martin), maybe at some point Europe esp. Greece, France.

3. Write a book or book series: we have some ideas for the storylines, plots & basic premise. I will do the actual writing, Manny will illustrate and we will all collaborate on the actual stories, plots, characters, etc.

4. Start a creative side business: Shayna and I are seriously considering starting an invitation business. Party planning would be my forte but I don't have the time now with running US Life Care.

5. Shayna's film/TV/theater career: still hoping and plugging away- submitting headshots & resumes by mail & internet to various films that are casting- we won't give up on this- you can't succeed if you don't try!

6. Getting back in shape and being healthy: we are very committed to eating healthy- lots of veggies, fruit, all low fat/ high fiber - very little red meat- lots of fresh fish-whole grain-lots of fresh food with no junk added. Going to the gym- step for me-laps for Manny. I know I will never be 25 again (my golden age) but hopefully can get down a bit.

7. US Life Care: I have been marketing electric wheelchairs HARD. I am getting good! I have 3 VERY good possibles right now.

(ok some of these are not goals of 2-3 years but things we are doing now)

4 Comments:

  • At 8:24 AM, Blogger Windy Lampson said…

    Sounds like a good list!

     
  • At 1:21 PM, Blogger MikeB said…

    You should check out the free website 43 Things (http://www.43things.com/). You post your list there, then you can link to other people who have the same things on their list. Gives you good ideas for other things to do, when you see the aspirations of like-minded people.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Undone Lady said…

    Those are some great plan! I wish you luck and support through them all.

     
  • At 1:27 PM, Blogger Undone Lady said…

    Those are some great plan! I wish you luck and support through them all.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!