Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Friday, March 03, 2006

Various News

1. Shayna was sick again this week. My hunch is because its her 1st time in public school she is being exposed to many more germs then she ever was in any of her preschools (Childventure and Judy Sare) or her small private school (Trevose Day School). I did think ahead and picked up all her missed work so she will be caught up on Monday. Unfortunately, we had to cancel her overnight playdate with cousins Alexis and Alex.

2. On an entertainment note. Who ever said that Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo was a bad movie has an awful sense of humor. Maybe its not high brow Oscar fare but its one of the funniest movies I have seen (although 40 year old virgin is still the funniest of the year). Maybe even funnier to me because I did the same exact dumb thing the DB character did when he ate a chocolate space cake in a coffee shop in Amsterdam.

3. Starting to think about Shayna's summer plans. Right now we are thinking: she will be in Bucks County Playhouse's summer childrens theater- depending on how she is cast after the March 25 auditions. Also looking into weekly martial arts/karate and ice skating camps (Camp Freeze at Grundy). Basically more activities/sports/skills that she has no time for during the school year when she focuses more on dance, singing, and girl scouts.

4. Shayna has signed with the Reinhard Agency in Philadelphia. Will see how that goes.

5. Fundraising: Just finished girl scout cookies. Shayna only sold about 39 boxes, due to bad luck of: me hurting my foot, bad weather/snowstorms, birthday party planning, and sickness.

Now we are working on selling ads for the Pennsylvania Youth Chorale's spring concert program book (concert is May 20th). 75% of what she sells goes into her account towards tuition. So far we are doing well, we have: East End Salon, Shoprite, PNC Bank, ReMax (Manny's ad). Pending ads are Bensalem Mayor, Beat Street, Tax Express/Integrated College Solutions (our accountant Ed). I'm trying for some other politicians like Senator Santorum.

6. I am hanging on every sound Skyler utters hoping for some words to emerge. Tonight I got "ba ba" and "maaaa.... maaaaa."

7. Shayna went to a martial arts party last sunday and basically kicked butt. she was the only one able to break the boards.

8. Shayna and I went to see an extremely girly movie last Saturday, "Aquamarine." Just found out that Emma Roberts, one of the leads, is Eric Roberts daughter, Julia Roberts niece. We both liked the movie and want to read the book. Shayna was scheduled to record her review of it for Radio Disney on Wed. but since she was sick we re-scheduled it for this coming Monday March 6th.

9. Looking into something for Skyler to do socially, maybe a playgroup or mommy and me. Still working on this.

10. Very tired of the cold and darkness. Looking forward to spring!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:23 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    By the way mom I was definatly not the only one able to break the boards but I was the only one to break two boards at once with another board on top.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!