Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Shayna's VFD Party




Thanks to all who came out in the bitter cold to help celebrate Shayna's 9th birthday at the Backsteps.

I'll post some of the photos over the next few days.

Here are Juliana Gainsburg, Nancy Wenger and Shayna all huggy at the end of the party. They all rode the Trevose Day School van together last year and now they all go to different schools but are still close friends.

Coincidentally...no one seemed to "get" the VFD reference on the invitation.??

3 Comments:

  • At 1:31 PM, Blogger MikeB said…

    I think maybe some people lose the VFD reference outside of the Lemony Snicket context. Despite the popularity of these books, none of the 5 most common interpretations of VFD are from the books. When I hear VFD, for example, I usually think of the most common use of this acronym, which is Volunteer Fire Department.

     
  • At 2:03 AM, Blogger shoshanamom said…

    that is what it stands for in the books too.

    I guess it can be our own little private joke between shayna and I, although we are pretty sure nancy must have gotten the reference as she is just as big a fan of the books as we are, in fact, she read the 12th book before we even realized it was published.

     
  • At 8:28 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    Mom, I think uncle mike was making a joke or maybe you're right I don't know of course because I'm not uncle mike!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!