Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Guy


There are these homeless guys that stand in a few intersections of central boca asking for money. It seems to be somewhat organized as they have shirts. usually they have a hand scrawn sign that says something like "help me...I'm hungry." I find them extremely annoying and avoid eye contact because if you even glance thier way they pounce. not that I am against helping the homeless, I don't think having them panhandle is the best idea. also, I don't mind giving them food, because we all know where the money goes.

shayna and I bought these 'cookies' called O'cocos or something weird like that and we didn't like them. so instead of throwing them out, I said, lets put them in the car and next time we drive by the homeless guy we will give them to him. manny made some comments about how this was akin to the seinfeld episode where they got the muffin bottoms.well it happens that coincidentally the day of or before we put the cookies in the car something happened and Boca kicked the panhandling guys out...apparently they were too aggressive and disobeying the rules, harassing drivers, etc. so no homeless guy/s. we have been driving around for the last few days with the cookies in the back seat.



today we were on our way to the park and manny was hungry and asked for the cookies. skyler said "you can't have them, they're for the guy." the thing is, we didn't know he was paying attention when shayna and I were talking about this.

Later we went through McDonalds drive through and there was a panhandling Muscovy duck (these are the big ducks with reddish faces) right in the lane where you drive through. So we threw him some cookies and he ate them.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!