Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, February 23, 2008

VPK Certificate

I had to go to the library in Boca to get the VPK certificate (more on that below), so I brought Shayna and Skyler with me, since Skyler had a birthday party to go to and the library was on the way. Shayna wanted to go because she loves the library. Here they are in the "teen room" which is in the back of the childrens section. There are computers and internet access.


The VPK certificate is to enroll your child in a voluntary pre kindergarten class/preschool. The state pays for preschool under this program, and pays for 3 hours per day of instruction or about $2600 for the year. You need to go through the state agency which is in west palm beach and apply for the "certificate" which you then give to the preschool your child will attend for pre-K. So you need to get this now for Fall 2008. They come out to various locations at different dates to make it easier (not have to go all the way to west palm), and they were in Boca today. It does take a while and there were a lot of people (had no idea there were this many future pre-K kids!). It wasn't too bad, they give you a number so you don't have to stand in line. I was #140. Oddly enough, even though you could go inside the library, most people were standing in line OUTSIDE the library in the heat. For me the time went so fast, as I was inside the kids section. We found a few good kids books. Diary of a Wimpy Kid=probably the funniest kids book I have ever read! I highly recommend getting it from the library.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!