Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Learning to Read

I got Skyler a new set of early reading books Friday at Barnes & Noble. he doesn't like the "Bob" books (we still had the 2 sets from Shayna, hardly used). I got him level 1 of a program of phonics called "Now I'm Reading!" Level 1 is called Animal Antics, the series is written by Nora Gaydos. The set comes with 10 phonics books all contained within a bigger binder type book, a parent guide and stickers. The 10 books progress in skill level. When they read the book completely on thier own, they get a sticker. Skyler knows all his letters and sounds, and we have been working with him on some sight words, spelling, and some phonics. he is really enjoying book 1 so far. Its called "Fat Cat." he is almost at the point of earning his sticker.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!