Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Monday, July 09, 2007

Floridians

We got our Florida license plates today, so now feel like real Floridians. No more Pennsylvania marks on us as we drive around...it felt like a flag waving "hey tourist." Like everything in Florida, even getting the registration, title, and plates, was quite the experience. They didn't tell me they needed to see the actual cars when I had called to ask what we needed to bring, so we got the plate for the Acura and then Manny drove back with the Acura to get the jeep while I filled out the paperwork for the jeep and got a queue number, arriving back just as the number was being called. Thye have about 40 different plates to choose from, and you get the plate the same day.

I chose the protect our reefs plate. It seemed like fate when she brought out this plate, which almost spells my first name:

Manny chose the fish Florida plate. He also added the dive shark Shayna picked out at a Boca dive shop:
Note: Reason they need to see the cars, also when you apply for car insurance, is there is no car inspection in Florida.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!