Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Friday, June 22, 2007

Mizner Park

Tonight we went to the ampitheater at Mizner Park to see a free concert. Mizner park is in the "downtown" and "old" part of Boca, close to the beach. Its a huge spanish/meditteranean style shopping plaza. It also has an art museum. It reminds me a bit of something you would see in the south of France or Spain (architechture and style) and has a lot of outdoor trendyish restaurants. It was a bit too hot and the music too cheesy for us, so we went to the old fashioned ice cream parlor there.
The day before this we also briefly checked out the Town Center Mall, which is our local mall near us in Boca. WOW. what an amazing mall. It has some over the top features like valet parking and $3 "up close" parking which are laughable (there are plenty of spots including many covered types). It has great restaurants (not mall ones), but also the standard food court. Manny likes the living room posh furshished seating area located about every 100 feet or so in the middle walking areas...great for husbands waiting for wives and daughters while they shop. There is a Children's Place, Macys, Sears, Bloomingdales, and Nordstrum (these are some of the main stores I shop at), I think a Gap Kids too and an Old Navy. The other store I frequent, Target, is also not far from our house. I also had my hair done (roots/blow out) at a hair salon at the mall and what a great color and blow out (better even than my old city salon which says a lot). The mall also has Saks and Neimen Marcus.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!