Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Monday, January 30, 2006

Math Problems

Manny likes to give Shayna math problems for her to do in her head. He is also great at teaching her all kinds of tricks and methods to do math and think logicly.

On the way home from VA after Christmas, almost the entire last leg if the trip was spent with him giving Shayna (and me) percentage problems. Until we begged him to stop. LOL Honestly, there is nothing I hate more then having to do math in my head.

So recently Shayna mentioned how she would like Manny to ask Timothy (the boy in SIP who is the "great mathematician" according to Ms. Welch) some percentage problems at her party. I said, well the party will be pretty busy and very quick, so maybe it would just be better if he wrote out the problems and you gave it to him as part of his take home favors.

Manny said, "well they are meant to be done in the head, so maybe I will get up and say the problems on the microphone for everyone, and they get a prize if they get it right."

So I said " yes, but only Shayna and Timothy would be interested."

Shayna said "no...Nancy would too...and Annie*."

I said "and your Uncle Mike, but he won't be there."

Then we all laughed!

* these are Shayna's 2 best friends, who are very smart girls. Shayna and Annie used to make each other math problems in 1st grade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!