Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Monday, January 30, 2006

Shayna and Cousin Alexis

When I was pregnant with Shayna, Manny's brother Rob, his wife Daisy, and little girl, Alexis (then maybe 15-18mo or so) were visiting from California. We all went to the pool. Daisy was playing with Alexis by balancing her on her feet and lifting up her legs. She was telling me (and Rob too) how if I have a girl that they would be best friends, and someday when they are teenagers Alexis would pick Shayna up in her car to go out.

Now its over 9 years later. Its been a year since Shayna and Alexis have seen each other. Both families have been busy. us with a new baby/toddler, work. Thier family: a new marriage in 2004, new house in 2005 and new baby born Dec. 2005. I promise from now on to make sure they stay in better touch.

The last few days Shayna and Alexis have been calling each other on the phone. Tonight they were talking on the phone. Alexis must have said "You are my best friend now." and then Shayna said "We have been best friends since we were born."

Then Shayna said "I wish we could have our houses next to each other, and they would be connected...so we could live together." then she thought and added "and I would include Nancy and Annie too." *

*I am sure I got this wrong..so most likely Shayna will correct me in a comment.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    You're right you did but I won't correct you lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!