Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Best Birthday Gift

Saturday was my birthday. Every year (well almost every year) I go out to a restaurant of my choice with my parents and my immediate family (ie husband, children). This year I debated on whether I should still go to one of my usual preferred restaurants I would normally go to - i.e. before Skyler aka rambunctious 17mo BOY existed. With just Shayna, this was never even an issue because she was always so demure and well behaved (but maybe I blacked out the pre-age 3 years). So I rused over the options of going to a very boring but family friendly restaurant....or going to one of my favorite trendy city restaurants but SANS Skyler...or GASP! going to one of my preferred restaurants but WITH Skyler. I decided, although a gamble, on the last option, because I didn't want to go to a plain old boring restaurant and I didn't want Skyler left out. Plus- he has been to a handful of the latter- already at age 17mo he has been to Brasserie Perrier twice and amazingly very well behaved- although both times were pre walking time.

So off we went to Bistro St. Tropez...which I figured was a good candidate because its not too formal but loud and still trendy and French, plus it has paper tablecloths and Shayna loves drawing on them. and it has easy on street parking since its not the busy center center city section but near 30th street station. Also I knew that on the 4th floor where its located there is a HUGE carpeted floor area with cute little sofas and if he got antsy he could run around out there. Also has a great view of the Art Museum and boathouse row if you get there for the sunset which we didn't (wanted to leave after naptime) but oh well.

well the birthday gift was that Skyler behaved perfectly the ENTIRE meal!!! This was in spite of the slow service (seated by 8:20pm didn't finish until maybe close to 11:00pm). He lasted until just before coffee & dessert and then we took him out to run around on the 4th floor area only because SHAYNA was getting antsy. LOL He even drew on the table a bit. Manny thinks it was his french fries that got him through the main course. He got through dessert because of the ice cream.

I think he's ready for Buddakan!! Thats my boy!*



*but in all reality I think he behaved because he was just THRILLED to be going somewhere and getting out of the house!!

1 Comments:

  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Shayna said…

    Well acctually it was the stockingssssss!!!!!!!! They are the cheap kind and I hate them!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!