Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. Here is our 19 pound turkey, it came out great! Manny cooked it and I did the stuffing. It was so juicy and tasty even the white meat was good. I am getting hungry just looking at this photo. I also made my grandmother Freda's potato kugel and even put on a letter "S" for Shayna & Skyler like she used to do for my brother and I (she would make 2 kugels one with a big letter R and one with a letter M). I still remember her taking them out of the oven and showing us her "surprise" with a big warm smile on her face. Manny made sweet potatoes and a home made gravy/au jus. We also had corn and rice. To top it all off Shayna and I made pumpkin bars with home made icing for dessert. YUM!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!