Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Names for clothing items

Shayna and I have a system where we have names for specific articles of clothing she owns. So if we are discussing what she should/could possibly wear...we can say "Well, you could wear the funky black sweater, or the black hoodie, with the red amy byer nice top...and would you rather wear the black skort or black theater pants?" and she would know exactly what I was talking about.

It happened that what she wore today to theater class and the theater ALL had specific "names" so I thought I would mention them. The pink dressy top is new (Sears can you believe it?) and the black pants fairly new (this season, but bought on sale during summer at Kids R Us). So here it is:

Shayna is wearing the FUNKY BLACK SWEATER (she LOVES that sweater!) with the SECRET SPARKLY PINK TOP, the THEATER PANTS (so named because for theater class she needs something comfy she can sit in and we wanted something trendy/dressy for the theater, along with her shoe boots (no special name but I buy her a pair every year) and the PINK PURSE JENNIFER GAVE HER (she has a few purses, so if I say do you want to take the one Jen Little gave you? she knows which one).

and a BONUS: I took the pic in the very cool all black theater classroom!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!