Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Lavender & Tickle

Shayna had off from school yesterday. We took advantage of the hot weather (most likely the last high 80s day of the season) and went in the pool. There were 2 dragonflies that kept flying on top of the pool. They took turns landing on my hair, my toe, Shayna's hair, and a leaf if we held it out. When one landed on Shayna's head she walked with it on her head and sang to it. They were really pretty- one was a pretty blue color the other lavendar. So Shayna named them "Lavendar and Tickle." When we looked at them up close they looked like fairies with sparkly wings and even had a smile on thier faces. Since they did not wish to pose for a photo, Shayna drew this picture of them:

Artists Rendition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!