Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Scavenger Hunt

I picked up the 3rd grade recommended supply list Friday. Since this is Shayna's 1st year in public school, I had no idea of the protocol. In her previous school we got a letter from her teacher in the mail and a supply list (NOT recommended). This time I thought to call the school Thursday and ask (I was actually trying to reach the nurse to talk to her about her various medical forms). Now I get to hear from the everlastingly rude Valley secretary (for some reason she is always rude to me), that yes there is a supply list. (Holy cow no one told ME!) Well I guess she wasn't all rude because she kindly taped it to the office window so I could pick it up Friday when she wasn't going to be there. Well, alas, I guess Shayna won't be getting any letter from Ms. Blaswick in the mail. :::sigh:::

So Shayna has been on a scavenger hunt through the house trying to find the various items on the list, since most of it should be items she already has from previous school years. So the search is on- through bags of stuff left from 2nd grade, through previous "art boxes" from maybe 1st grade, maybe K? Through her ever crowded "stationary box" and through the chaos of the playroom.

She did comment that this years list has some odd items on it...like an old used sock.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The old used sock could have lots of uses besides a puppet- eraser for a lap chalk or whiteboard, making bean bags for some game are just a few. You'll have to let us know what it's for.
    Christy

     
  • At 1:16 AM, Blogger shoshanamom said…

    Shayna said she used a sock last year to erase the dry/erase board, and a dry-erase marker is on this years list too...so we think thats what its for. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!