Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Friday, October 26, 2007

Shriek Week

In honor of Halloween, they are having "Shriek Week" at Sugar Sand Park, which is a bunch of events going on in the main building. T0night we saw a magic halloween show in the theater, then went on the Crooked Creek haunted tour. The haunted tour was really good and I was extremely impressed. very professionally done and theatrical. First you take a train ride outside...similar to a haunted hayride, riding past scenes and scary creatures unexpectedly jumping out at you. Then you walk through the haunted house. Shayna was extremely fearful as last years haunted house was so scary, but she had her bloody sword with her. Skyler wasn't scared at all and in fact laughed at times.

Here is a sneak peek at their costumes- here at shriek week- although for Halloween I will do more make up and more red in Shayna's hair. They are pirates. seems to be very popular this year.

We met Carissa and her parents and a bunch of other friends there for the haunted tour and to hang out with for a bit afterwards.

Everyone here is so friendly and social- tonight for example I we met a mom with her daughter and friend on the haunted tour and she got my phone number. Even just out picking up take out I wind up talking to people. very different from the Philadelphia area- no wonder it won most unfriendly city in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!