Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Beach Day in Boca


We went to the beach today. Its been a few weeks since we had a beach day (we did go to south beach for a half hour to find the rocks for turtles aquarium but thats it the last few weeks). The ocean is still warm enough to go in- not just the kids but for me. The surf was a bit rough so I wanted Skyler to stay in the shallow surf area.



You can see the swells behind Shayna- the photo is a bit deceiving and it was much rougher and wavier than it appears in the photo:

we built a big sand castle using my method, which is to dig the circular moat first, dumping all the sand into the middle "island," then putting the castle molds on top of the mound. I forgot how much exercise you get just from going to the beach. Loading the car, schlepping the stuff from car to beach, the walk from car to beach, digging in the sand, swimming in the ocean (didn't do that much since one of us had to watch skyler and Manny was not with us today), schlepping stuff to the shower, washing stuff in shower, making 2 trips to car to put away stuff, washing off sand in the shower. Not a bad way to get a bit of exercise. Not that I mind any of the above tasks, as the walk is very pretty and scenic, has a nice boardwalk to the beach (skyler calls it a bridge), and even the shower area is pretty and enclosed in the shady trees/foliage. In fact, every time I do the return walk from the beach along the boardwalk I pause to enjoy the pretty scenery and scent: a mix of coconut palms and tropical flowers/plants- its an extremely pleasant smell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!