Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Art Project- Part 2


Shayna finished her art project Monday night. For the actual artwork portion, she chose to recreate in a shoe box a mini model of the "surreal apartment that looks like Mae West." It was not easy, at least making the lips sofa and nose fireplace out of clay was challenging and took many attempts, during which Shayna got a bit frustrated but perservered and truimphed with encouragement. I told her Dali is a professional artist who not only had the raw talent but who studied and practiced his art for many many years. I think it came out well considering she is not Dali not has she studied/practiced art for decades (LOL). Her version is a bit like the mad cousin of Mae West: she added the potato head tongue, I said it is like a Rolling Stones lips now but she didn't get it- although she knows the Stones music fairly well from listening to her dads mix CDs driving to the shore. It is not easy copying famous artists works, as we discovered when I got Shayna a Mona Lisa paint by number mini kit a few years ago.

Here is Dali's original version:
The cover of her art project paper:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!