Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Shopping


We took a break from shopping and stopped in the pet store. Skyler really enjoyed looking at the bunny rabbits:




Waving hi to the birds:

We also had fun looking in Claire's and got to sample some free chocolates before skid-daddling right out of there so I wouldn't be tempted to buy something!

Then on to Toys R Us...more fun and besides looking for staples (clothes, socks, etc.) we got a few supplies to stock the vacation activity bag (Toys R Us has a buy 2 books get the 3rd free deal). I found Skyler a cool looking very boyish hiking shoe that has a hummer on it that lights up.( So now we have to go hiking-maybe Geocache?) Manny explained later to Shayna that boys need brown shoes because they get them dirty.

Of course I now have to go back and order the Skechers sneakers I want to get Skyler- just my luck the style I saw and like is only sold at this store (I checked others and on line).

Next shopping excursion is for me - Nordstrom's - seeking a black sarong (lost mine), Rachel Pally caftan top, and maybe a crinkle silk dress or skirt, maybe check out resort wear, bathing suits...and maybe walking black boots if I can be lucky enough to find a pair (I like the look of the boots with a casual dress, no stockings -saw it on the girl on the show "where we live" NYC episode). Let me note that I rarely buy myself anything and want to get a few key items so I won't look like a total schlep going out at night during the vacation.

Best bargain finds: $3 jeans for Shayna at Toys R Us, $3 hooded fleece jacket size 3T for Skyler at Children's Place, $2 nice T-shirt for Skyler at Children's Place size 4T. When I see a great bargain in a future size I grab it!

Also, I had Shayna try on all her jeans. Since I bought her some new ones last year, all but one fit very well. and the jeans known as "London jeans" now are no longer London jeans...because they now don't fall down!! (you know- "London jeans are falling down, falling down, falling down....").

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!