Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Friday, September 22, 2006

Exciting News!!!!



Shayna got booked* for a TV show today!

This was her 3rd audition on Sept. 7th.

Its for ActiviTV On Demand and shoots a half day October 12th. She will make $150.

I was a bit surprised by the phone call and e mail today, because when she auditioned there were a LOT of kids auditioning, and guessing by how many we saw just while there and knowing they were auditioning all day they must have auditioned hundreds of kids. The casting place was very professional looking and had celeb photos all over the walls that had cast movies through them (like Sylvester Stallone, Mark Wahlberg, Greg Kinnear). An 11yo girl I chatted with while waiting Shayna's turn said she got a role in a national commercial (forget which but it aired on UPN I think). All the kids there were ultra cute.

From what the agency told me it could be an ongoing thing- since its a TV show. She has to wear jeans and a solid color long sleeve shirt (no white or green), and they will be using some "green screen."

I'll update when I find out more...as the shoot date gets closer she said we will find out more details like time& place, etc.

I told Shayna she can use the money she earns as her own spending money while we are on vacation in Hollywood/Ft.Lauderdale/Miami and the Keys and Turks and Caicos in November.

*note- they do not say "You got the part" but "You got booked."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!