Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Friday, August 11, 2006

Summer Reading

Here is a list of the books Shayna and I are reading:

1. The English Roses:

This was a really good book. very cute with beautiful illustrations.

2. The Little Leftover Witch:


Shayna read this, I haven't yet. Its a chapter book with pictures. Was a fast read- maybe 2 hours. ? She liked it and said its "cutesy."

3. Mermaid Park:


We haven't read this yet- but are looking forward to! A modern mermaid tale. We both love mermaids and fairies (well I love fairies more).

4. Price Caspian in the Chronicles of Narnia series. we are into the narnia series. I am on my second book, and this is Shayna's 4th (#4 in the series). Shayna really likes C.S. Lewis.

5. The Magician's Nephew in the Narnia series: I am reading this now, Shayna already read it. We both agree that its even better then the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe! It also explains everything that exists in the LWW, which is book 2 but everyone reads it first.

Click here to see info. on all 7 books in the Narnia series:

Click here: ~ Welcome to NARNIA ~

Note: I do read adult books- its just fun to read the books that Shayna does so we can discuss them. We also tried the Artemis Fowl series- we both liked book #1 but Shayna could not get into book #2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!