Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, August 06, 2006

Cool teachers


As I was leaving olde city Friday - which was in the midst of the "First Friday" event - I saw Shayna's SIP/gifted-talented teacher, Mrs. Welch. I already have the highest opinion of her based on getting to know her as Shayna's teacher the past year. She is an extremely creative, talented, and dedicated teacher. Now I know she is not only a great teacher, but cool to boot.

First Friday is on the first Friday of every month in the artsy/trendy section of center city called Olde City. The art galleries and shops stay open late, and as you walk around the cobblestone streets and old original buildings you can listen to live music, see street performers, hang out at any of the awesome restaurants and outdoor cafes, and have fun people watching. *

Coincidentally, we also got a wonderful piece of mail from Shayna's 4th grade teacher, Mrs. Richman. I already love this woman and I am so excited for her 4th grade school year. She sent a letter about herself, another letter about the 4th grade in general, a supply list, and thier 1st homework assignment: a questionaire about themselves to fill out and bring in on the 1st day of school. Just from reading her letter, I can tell that she is extremely talented, creative, experienced, and caring. She reminds me a bit of Madame, Shayna's beloved kindergarten teacher.

*I must mention that I happen to love first friday and have taken Shayna a few times, sometimes with girlfriends, sometimes with Manny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!