Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Silver Lake Park

To keep things interesting for our daily walks we will try and go to different parks. Luckily, Bucks County has so many that I don't think we will ever get bored! Today Shayna, Skyler, and I went to Silver Lake Park. We walked through a scenic path in the woods leading through a marsh and then to the lake. Shayna had her binoculars. Yesterday (sat.) we went to Neshaminy Park again and had Shayna practice riding her bike. We had her practice as we walked and we did 2 full times around the park, by the end she was getting better but also had a very minor finger injury. Skyler even got out and walked. To make it more interesting, there happened to be a Civil War reneactment/camp out there and we got to see all the people dressed up and both the North and South sides. The pics below are from Silver Lake.
Shayna checking out the brook. I thought it was cool that there was a "boardwalk."
The observation deck. Shayna saw a bird that she will look up in the vintage bird watching book (ie the actual book that my grandmother Freda got me as a child).

In fact, as we walked through the woods today, it really reminded me of my grandparents and how much they loved going on walks through the woods and would take us when my brother and I were kids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!