Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Finished Tree

Here is our tree after being decorated. The photo is a bit blurry and doesn't do it justice (lights are brighter and whiter) but you get the idea. Since its about 80% natural ornaments it smells sooo good in a cinnaminy mixed with pine way. We only had this raggedy blanket under it and I needed a white tree skirt but then VOILA! got the brainstorm of creativity from my hair salon...and got out a sheer white swag which is now my new tree skirt. I LOVE it. I have not wrapped anything yet so hence no presents but that is next on the agenda. I try and do all the same wrapping so it looks nice and pretty and matching.

close up of tree: I like gingerbread men, snowmen, hearts and clay/dough ornaments. I also fill in the space with candy canes (sweet kind not minty) and if I find them I hang the chocolate santa ornaments. 4 of those pictured we made. I got the idea for a theme (sort of- I do have some other ornaments too) tree from a roommate in my college house. She got a tree one year and did it in a teddy bear theme. It was sooo cute. I also got into the ritual of watching "Its a Wonderful Life" from this same roommate. To this day I have to watch this movie every year!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:33 PM, Blogger Melly Mel said…

    hopefully the aroma from the tree will put everyone in a great mood

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!