Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Thursday, August 18, 2005

First Steps

Skyler is at the delicious stage of babyhood right now where he is taking 1-2 steps at a time. He still mainly cruises and crawls, but once and a while he will step off from whatever he is holding onto and take 1-2 steps before plopping down onto his butt or reaching another "stronghold." These moments are so seldom and fleeting that you can easily miss them.

Last night we had dinner at my parents with Uncle Juli and Aunt Annette. Uncle Juli was the only one who witnessed Skyler taking 2 steps from the bookcase towards me.

So far we haven't seen him do more than 2 steps, and I keep saying he is doing "1,2 steps." Which then always reminds me of one of Shayna's favorite songs, "1,2 Step." So the line "everybody 1,2 step..." keeps playing in my head.

LINK to Audio of 1,2 Step:
http://www.musicremedy.com/audio/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowAudioPlayer&AudioId=2218&Quality=6

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!