Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Monday, August 01, 2005

Cognitive Study

I took Skyler to Villanova University today to be a subject in a Cognitive Development Study. Its kind of neat considering that Skyler himself was created via a study, since I was part of an IVF study. I am thinking he is destined to become a research scientist. The study itself consisted of him watching a series of videos and being videotaped to see his reactions. They were looking to see in the 1st series if he could figure out if the words and action didn't match (in the timing- like they say the words at the wrong time, like when you see a movie and the words are said seconds after the action took place). In the 2nd series they were seeing if when they said a word over and over with a specific action if the baby would then associate that word with the action (they use a split screen and see where they are looking).

Here is the link to the study:
http://psychology.villanova.edu/cdp/

For all his hard work he gets a Villanova U. T-shirt. I can also see the study when its finished.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!