Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Moving Day


Today was our big move day. Here is what the U-haul looked like:
we really got about 100% usage and value out of the available space:
see what items you can identify. I think it is like a work of art. not sure if you can see it (unless you click & enlarge for details), but I placed a diving magazine inside the potty seat so it makes a frame around "florida keys" and I think the scream guy is saying "Oy vey! I'm moving to Boca!"

sadly, we could not fit everything we had intended to take, so had to decide what was to "make the cut." we decided to leave non sentimental or items that can be easily replaced. For the few that were left but we hoped could be saved, my parents took: things like Ben's plant, Freda's glass bowls, the hand painted birdhouse, and Shayna's box of dress up stuff. They even took some things we were glad to leave behind, like the annoying vacuum.
It was a crazy day/night. besides the actual moving, I had to go to the office twice, set up a new patient, and had people, at least 3 different sets of people, coming to the house to purchase and/or see items we had for sale.
at least now we were at the top of the hill after climbing up, and were now ready for the hike downhill.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!