Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Muffins

Saturday we baked muffins, actually a premade dough log, that the kids were able to do about 99% by themselves.

Here is Shayna cutting them:


Shayna telling Skyler what to do, after he has the dough she cut:

Skyler putting the dough into the pan:


Skyler licking the cutting board, YUM!



The muffins were such a big hit that I got them again. Skyler insisted on having the last odd muffin.
We have also been making fruit smoothies (shake according to Skyler) almost daily, using skim milk, frozen yogurt or light ice cream, fresh bananas, frozen peaches, and mango nectar. sometimes we add blueberries. This way we get our fruit servings and calcuim (well me the kids get lots of calcium besides that too).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!