Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Pumpkins: Stages 1 and 2

The week before halloween is sacred to me, like the week before christmas is to some people. I am busy* with preparing the pumpkins, ordering for goodie bags, getting the school treats planned out, finalizing the outside decorations, making plans for lots of halloween themed activities, and perfecting the kids costumes. This also includes watching as many halloween TV shows and movies as possible and reading ghost stories out loud (this is something new I am trying this year). if it was possible, it would include going to quite a few scary haunted attractions as well- and if not being able to go to them, at least knowing about the very best (as in the one in NYC, Nightmare and Universal Studios Florida). I will vent this desire out later when the kids are older.

Today we did parts one and two in making jack-o-lanterns. We went to a local farm market to buy the pumpkins. Then Shayna did part 2- cleaning the pumpkins. here is Skyler posing with our pumpkins. Can you guess which one is his and which one is Shayna's?



*note- this is in addition to all my normal tasks, both at home and work/business related- so I am one busy woman this time of year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!