Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kudos

We had this conversation today:

Shayna was sharing what happened at school today. Ms. Welch made an announcement to the entire 4th grade after the pledge of allegiance, that tomorrow is the final Continental Math League Test, and that if Shayna gets another perfect score, a 6, that she will/may be the REGIONAL CHAMPION, or top in the region. (I am not sure what encompasses the region geographically). The kids then applauded. Shayna is already the top in the District as the standing go now.

So then Manny mentioned how when he was in school (not sure what grade but here in the US so age 10 or older), the teacher would ask the class to do the math problem first, and then ask Manny if it was right.

Then Shayna said, last year in 3rd grade, if the teacher asked a question, and Shayna raised her hand, she would ask if anyone else knew first, because she knew that Shayna knew the answer.

So I said, when I was in first grade, the kids would stand in line to ask me for help or ask me questions, if the teacher was busy or had her own long line.

Note: Shayna had her online try out test for Kids Jeopardy tonight. If she is selected for the next audition, I will get an e mail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!