Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Beach Day

While Shayna and Manny fished I took Skyler to the beach. My first time taking him to the beach alone (oh my). Gone are the days relaxing on my chair with my feet in the water, occasionally reading a book, or napping. Skyler is on the move about 90% of the time there, unlike Shayna, at his age she sat more in one "area" and played or would stay within eyesight in the wet sand and shallows of the ocean. Skyler likes to run all over the place and into the waves and back hundreds of times saying "woooooooe!" I think he means "wow." When we first approached the beach, after parking and getting out of the car, we walked through a narrow pathway through the dunes and although I could hear the loud surf maybe he was not aware of where we were going, because when we got onto the sand and saw the waves and beach he said "WOOOOOE!" He likes to play with whatever kids are around, and will go up to them and start playing. One little boy when he heard me call him Skyler said "thats a COOL name!" he was only maybe 5 or 6. Skyler also didn't want to play with his toys (except his yellow shovel because I kept handing it to him) but everyone elses. In the pic above, Skyler and this little boy who looked a little younger then Skyler, took over this hole another older boy (maybe 6ish) was digging (may have been his brother, not sure- there were about 8-10 kids all intermingling on the beach).

In the pic below, Skyler playing with these 2 little girls. The one leaning down with the lighter hair reminded me of a little Paris Hilton.
After the beach we picked up Manny and Shayna. Then we pulled up to the boardwalk and I got my fix: a bubble tea smoothie drink to go, slices of pizza from mack & mancos to go (eat at home later), and a frozen custard for shayna. We don't have anything close to as good as Mack & Manco's at home. Its so good you even eat the crust (Shayna eats it too)!

Everyone fell asleep on the ride home except me, because I was driving.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger Melly Mel said…

    It's wonderful that Skyler likes to mingle and make friends and that he likes the ocean and sand so much! I also think it's great that you have favorite places to get certain special foods. I hope to take advantage of your "tips".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!