Shayna & Skyler's World

Anecdotes & stories both past and present about my 2 children: Shayna Star, age 10 and in 5th grade (1/31/1997) and Skyler Lion, age 3 (8/13/2004).

Sunday, May 14, 2006

The Zoo

For Mother's Day we took the kids to the Philadelphia Zoo. It was Skyler's first time at the zoo. He wasn't all that interested and when we let him freely roam around the children's zoo he went up to a kid and looked at him. In the barnyard area he just roamed around and paid no attention to the goats and sheep. We'll take him again in September when the new Big Cat exhibit is open (its opening may 25th but we won't go back until september when he's older and when its not hot anymore).

here he is checking out the elephants:

I had a great Mother's Day. Manny made me brunch: an egg white omelette with vidalia onion, green onion, spinach, tomatoes, and american cheese. We decided to skip the trendy brunch out at a restaurant (although I would have chosen Paradigm or Brasserie Perrier most likely). Then after the zoo we grilled Mahi Mahi and zuccini. I got a wonderful home made card from Shayna with a great rendition of the Ocean City Boardwalk and 2 wonderful gifts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
I am mom - hear me roar!